Below in a few sections I briefly describe my professional experience, education and also my current or previous courses.
- Engineer’s degree, Electronics and Telecommunications, 2000 – 2004, project title: „Testing of knowledge about the uncertainty of measurement in physics laboratory”
- Master of Science (MSc) (Eng), Electronics and Telecommunications, 2004 – 2006, MSc dissertation title: „Digital signal processing in DirectX technology“
- Master of Science (MSc) (Eng), Small Business Economics & Management, 2005 – 2007, MSc dissertation title: „The use of decision trees for bankruptcy prediction”
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Economics / Statistics, 2007 – 2015 PhD dissertation title: „The relationship of employment and wages intersectoral mobility in selected OECD countries”
- Lecturer, Social Economic Higher School in Gdansk, 2010-2012, Undergraduate statistics courses lecturer
- IT specialist, Peltracom nv, 2010-2012, ERP system implementation
- Lecturer, Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management in Gdańsk, 2008-2013, Department of Law and Economics – Undergraduate and graduate microeconomics courses lecturer
- Data analyst, DFC Global Corp. Optima S.A., 2013-2014, Design and implementation of credit scoring model for personal loans
- Research assistant (MSc., Eng.), Gdańsk University of Technology, 2007 – 2015, Department of Statistics – Undergraduate and graduate statistics courses teaching assistant. Research focused on application of markov chain models, multilevel modelling in analyses of economic mobility. Participation in national and international scientific conferences.
- Research assistant (PhD, Eng.), Gdańsk University of Technology, 2015 – 2016, Department of Statistics – Various undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate advanced statistics courses lecturer. Statistical software packages teacher. Online statistics courses design and development. Major areas of research: economic mobility, macro and labor economics, multilevel modelling.
- Assistant professor, Gdańsk University of Technology, 2016 – 2018, Department of Economic Sciences / Centre for Statistics – Various undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate advanced statistics courses lecturer. Major areas of research: wage and labor mobility, prediction of wage distribution, the use of multivariate analysis.
- Assistant professor, I-Shou University, Taiwan, 2018 – 2019, Department of International Finance – Lecturing: Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Financial Information, Microeconomics. Research focus: brand value, household credit constraints.
- Assistant professor, Gdańsk University of Technology, 2019 – now, Department of Statistics & Econometrics – lecturing Descriptive & Mathematical Statistics, dean’s proxy for e-learning processes, Dir.: E-learning Centre, university e-learning coordinator.
- Chongqing Technology and Business University, 2020-now, International College – Lecturing: Big Data Analysis with Applications.
My courses, office hours and contact
Currently, I teach several courses for the I (BA, Eng.), II (MA) level (full-time and part-time) students. Full information on the current office hours and schedule of my classes can be found in the dedicated dropbox folder: here.
- motorcycle travels
- american muscle-cars
- photography and railway tourism
- good movies
- history of the universe
- and of course… statistics 😉
Data mining and data analysis are my strengths. I have got an extensive knowledge of multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability, descriptive and mathematical statistics. I am able to project and perform a variety of statistical analyses. Vast software knowledge: STATISTICA, STATA, SPSS, R, Rattle, Gretl, Excel, and others is my additional advantage. Moreover, I am highly knowledgeable in SQL and familiar with both PC and UNIX operation systems.